28 Jul New MBTN Core Business Math Skills Module Released
MBTN Academy announces the beta release of Weighted Averages authored by Gopala “GG” Ganesh. This module defines weighted average, how to calculate it, and provides marketing and finance examples of how it is used in business. The examples cover multi-tiered weighting problems as well as solving for a goal value within a weighted average context.
Here are just a few of situations where understanding weighted averages is essential for business students to understand:
- Calculating the average revenue per sale for a company with multiple products or services.
- Summarizing the attractiveness of alternative markets or strategies when different factors are assigned different weights.
- Calculating the weighted average cost of capital (WACC) for a firm.
- Allocating costs across different products, services, or divisions based on, for example, sales revenue.
- Calculating the average acquisition price of a stock in a portfolio when shares were purchased at different values.
Weighted Averages consists of 30 slides and 4 problem sets consisting of 34 total questions and is part of our Business Math Core Skills modules. Appropriate for undergrads and as a review for graduate students. MBTN faculty may add this module to Fall 2022 classes at no additional cost for students. Learn more about this module and all MBTN modules at https://www.mbtn.academy/our-modules/